The Merchantville-Pennsauken Water Commission is responsible for pipes on the “street side” of the curb stop – specifically, from the water main in the street to the shut off at the curb.  If you notice a water leak in the street or in the vicinity of your water meter, please call (856) 663-0044 to report it.

The property owner is generally responsible for all pipes and plumbing on the “customer side” of the curb stop.  This includes the interior plumbing of the home, the outside irrigation system, the underground water service after the curb stop, the meter pit and the area where the property’s water system connects to the water meter. The MPWC shall furnish and install the meter and keep it in a state of repair.  In case of misuses, damage by frost, external causes or any other damage to the meter, the property owner shall be responsible for the cost of repair or replacement (per our fee schedule).  Only the Commission will furnish, set and replace any meter impaired by such causes.